1. All horses must be registered or recorded with the FSA to participate in any FSA
2. FSA registration paperwork must be submitted with the Inspection Entry Form
(unless the horse is already FSA registered, in which case please submit a copy
of the horse's registration certificate.) Paperwork and payment is sent directly to the
FSA -- Friesian Sporthorse Association, PO Box 283, Seville, FL 32190.
3. All paperwork must be received by the FSA three weeks prior to inspection or be subject
to a Late Fee.
4. The inspection start time and sign-in time can vary based on the number of horses.
Please contact the INSPECTION HOST to verify the start time and the sign-in time. All horses
must be signed in prior to being inspected.
5. The Champion and Reserve Champion Friesian
Sporthorse will be awarded. Friesian Sporthorses
scoring 72% or higher will earn Bronze Elite Book
6. Horses will be presented using the triangle, which
is appx. 80 x 100 x 80 feet. At the inspector's discretion
weanlings, yearlings, and two-year-olds may have the
option of being shown at liberty, if the host facility
offers a safe area to do so. The safety of the horses
and handlers is paramount.
7. Unruly, unsafe, or unsound horses may be excused
at the discretion of the inspector.
8. Braiding of the mane is optional but recommended.
Leg 'feather' may be trimmed or not, this is entirely
optional. Decoration of the mane (for example, with
beads, flowers, or ribbons) is not allowed. Glittery or
paint on designs on the body of the horse are not
allowed. Hoof polish may be used but must be clear
9. Bridles are required for horses two years old and
older. The bridle should consist of a USEF dressage
legal snaffle bit with a headstall and throatlatch.
Nosebands are optional.
10. Boots, bandages, or wraps of any kind may not be
used during inspection.
11. The handler and/or their assistant may each carry
one humane whip. No whip snapping, and no additional
devices (such as bags) are allowed.
12. Conservative attire is recommended. Polo shirts
and beige, white, or khaki pants are common.
13. Contact the inspection host / organizer directly
with any questions about stabling, facility guidelines,
availability of handlers, etc. Inspection host contact
information is listed on the Inspection Calendar. Any
expenses relating to stabling, handlers, braiders, etc.,
will by payable directly to the inspection host or to the
handler, braider, etc. directly.